Red Dye Bled onto White Shirt

We made a red and blue transfer. We ironed it on a white t-shirt. It was worn all day and the next day, in the heat. Sweat caused the red ink from the transfer to bleed! How do I fix this? Clean it up so it can be worn again and not ruined?

By Mary C.

I washed a black and white polka dot 100% linen dry clean only dress. The black dots bled pink on the white. I put some sea salt in some cold water and let it soak for a while, then I rinsed the salt out with cold water and hung it out to dry. My dress looks like new.

Anonymous

I washed a light green top with a bright orange top in cold water. When I removed the green one from the washer it has all orange running through it. I took the tip of putting sea salt in cold water and soaked the top for about 15 minutes.

I could not believe it when I took it out and rinsed the top the orange was gone. Amazing! A keeper tip. Thanks

Anonymous

Thank so much, great advice! It worked !!!

I washed a long-sleeved purple and gold LSU t-shirt with other like colors. Even using a Color Catcher, still something faded red spots all over the shirt. I tried the sea salt and cold water remedy and it took out every spot and totally saved the shirt! Geaux Tigers!!!