Red Pepper Parsnip Soup
This is a comforting and hearty soup with some awesome sharp flavours. Roast some red peppers, onion and garlic, then soften some fresh parsnips in broth. Puree it all together and add a hit of cream. This is a velvety delight for these upcoming fall days.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups any type of broth
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat some oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion, and garlic. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cook this trio until softened and edges are browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add chopped parsnips and 4 cups broth. Bring to a boil, then lower and simmer until parsnips are easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Let it cool a bit, then transfer to a blender or processor. Puree until smooth. You may have to do this in batches.
- Return soup to pot over medium-low heat. Pour in half-and-half and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. When heated through, serve immediately.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.