Reduce Time Spent Sitting

Many studies now show that sitting is as bad a health risk as smoking! I find computer use one of the worse offenders. Sometimes you have to sit so I keep a kitchen timer on my desk to stand up every 20 minutes and move around. You could also set your phone or even your Outlook calendar to remind you.

Take a quick walk to the bathroom (or even to your car at work), climb a flight or two of stairs or just stand at your desk and do the sample exercises I show here.

I also bought an exercise ball that I sit on at my desk and often stand while working at my desk. I just use a thick dictionary to place my keyboard on to raise it so I can still type at arms length.

Thank you, I had no idea sitting for prolonged periods could be so bad for you. I will definitely keep this in mind. You've got my vote! :)