Refinishing a Wooden Playground
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
October 21, 2019
We bought this playground 13 years ago for our 2 oldest kids. We recently decided to refinish it, instead of buying a new one, for our 5 yr old son.
- pressure washer
- electric sander
- sandpaper sheets, optional
- Krylon spray paint for plastics
- wood stain
- paint brushes
- screws and handware, as needed
- cedar boards, as needed
- First I painted all of the colorful parts of the play structure. The metal parts had a rubber type coating on them and the rest of the parts were plastic so I opted to use the Krylon spray paint for plastics.
- We reassembled the climbing wall once the wood had been sanded and stained.
- We pressure washed, sanded, and stained the entire structure, replacing any wood that was dry rotted. Note: As you can see, we chose to put the legs up on tires full of gravel, to help eliminate rot and insect infestation issues this time.
- This wall needed numerous boards replaced, so we disassembled it and put it back together.
- This is the finished play structure, ready for many more years of fun!
Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 320 Answers
October 22, 20190 found this helpful
THANK YOU! Every effort to reduce, re-use, and recycle is so important. Plus being labor of love.
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
October 23, 20190 found this helpful
Agreed! Looks great too!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.