Refinishing a Wooden Playground
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
October 21, 2019
We bought this playground 13 years ago for our 2 oldest kids. We recently decided to refinish it, instead of buying a new one, for our 5 yr old son.
- pressure washer
- electric sander
- sandpaper sheets, optional
- Krylon spray paint for plastics
- wood stain
- paint brushes
- screws and handware, as needed
- cedar boards, as needed
- First I painted all of the colorful parts of the play structure. The metal parts had a rubber type coating on them and the rest of the parts were plastic so I opted to use the Krylon spray paint for plastics.
- We reassembled the climbing wall once the wood had been sanded and stained.
- We pressure washed, sanded, and stained the entire structure, replacing any wood that was dry rotted. Note: As you can see, we chose to put the legs up on tires full of gravel, to help eliminate rot and insect infestation issues this time.
- This wall needed numerous boards replaced, so we disassembled it and put it back together.
- This is the finished play structure, ready for many more years of fun!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.