Refried Black Beans
This simple recipe only calls for black beans, onion, garlic, taco seasoning, and a bit of oil. To make it easy you can just use canned beans. You will probably find it tastes better than store bought varieties. The recipe follows.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
One of my new favourite things to use with my tacos, burritos, and nachos is refried black beans. I originally found out about them when I saw them next to regular refried beans in the canned aisle at the shops. When I realized they were barely available at all the other grocery stores I shop at, I started making my own. Now, I love my homemade version so much more. I use cooked black beans from a can, but you could also use dried beans after soaking and cooking.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- Add some oil to a pan over medium heat and cook onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add taco seasoning. Cook while stirring, until fragrant, a minute or two.
- Dump in contents from black beans can and switch heat to low. Stir, then begin to mash.
- Keep cooking and mashing until you reach your desired consistency. Serve immediately.