KitchenHome Improvement

Refurbishing an Older Formica Kitchen Counter Top

I have a very old counter top in my kitchen (1970s) and I would like to redo it. It is a laminated top and it is coming up on the edges and is stained terribly. I cannot afford a new one, so I would like to see if anyone knows of a way to redo the old one.

By Liana

If you can get the edges stuck back down so that they stay, go to your home improvement store and ask for advice for refinishing the counter tops. One time I saw a program on TV on painting countertops to look like granite. I think they used special paints and there were several steps to the process. To me it looked real time consuming, but they also looked nice, if you like the granite look.