General AdviceConsumer Advice

Registering a Complaint at the Post Office

I put in a change of address on November 4th. I did not receive any forwarded mail yet (December 6th). I called the post office (twice) where I put in a change of address and they said it was never put in the system. Now it is a month later and my bills are due. Who can I put a complaint in with this post office? The people that work there never gave me any answer as to why my mail was never forwarded. They were not very helpful at all.


By John

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

December 6, 20130 found this helpful

Go to the post office and insist on speaking to the Postmaster. This is the person in charge. Explain what happened and ask what can be done. I don't know at this point what the post office can do, but there may be something. If you don't get help, ask for the name and contact information for the district or regional supervisor and contact that person.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
December 8, 20130 found this helpful

Besides speaking to the local postmaster, you should ALSO escalate the complaint to the regional director. I would be inclined to send copies to the postmaster general in Washington D.C., and to my two U.S. Senators. The postal
"service" has become a horror, and the current crop of postal workers have terrible attitudes. They need to be reminded about who they work for and who pays their salaries!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
December 8, 20130 found this helpful

I work for the Post Office and process change of address (COA) forms for people in several states (most are not processed locally). I'm not sure why the people you talked with weren't helpful, but I can tell you that a lot of COA requests don't get put into the system (they're rejected) for the following reasons: the forms are not filled out completely (ALL fields need to be completed), the handwriting is illegible, or the forms are not signed.


I would suggest you fill out a new form, doublecheck all your info, and resubmit it to the post office. You can also do it online, which is really easy to do. It usually takes 5-7 days for the request to get put into the system. Good luck.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 6, 2013
Back to School Ideas!
Birthday Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/09/15 00:54:57 in 807 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!