Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs

Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Bone spurs can be incredibly painful. Relieving the pain can help you get through the day with some sort of normalcy. This is a guide about relieving pain from bone spurs.

I've had this corn between my pinkie toe and the one next to it for a very long time. I soak my feet every night and it's still hard. Every shoe I wear hurts that toe next to the pinkie. It hurts even walking around bare foot around the house. Doing online research I'm wondering if I don't have a bone spur on the toe next to the pinkie. I haven't seen a doctor yet. My question is, have you had a bone spur removed from a toe? If so did it take care of the pain and corn? How long were you off that foot? Who better to ask than my thriftyfun friends. Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

I am a bone spur person. Mine are always in the heels and boy is it hard and very painful to walk. Yes sometime it calls for surgery. I have had them so many years. Getting off your feet and my DR. prescribed orthotics to wear in my shoes . This worked great for me. Great information on your part. Thanks

Anonymous

I sure have! I had a bone spur exactly where you have. Very painful to walk on such a thing! Went to the podiatrist and we had a pretty quick surgery. I'm not not very squeamish about such things and I sat and watched while it was done. He numbed the toe, cut into it, ground out the bone spur, and sewed me back up. Okay, so I hobbled for about three days in a small boot - not much pain at all. In fact it was a relief. A little boot wearing is a small price to pay, believe me! No more pain! I sure wished that I'd done it sooner. I put up with it for (like you) a very long time. Go get it done Girl!!

I sure have. In the same spot you have. That's a very painful thing to walk on! I saw a podiatrist and he did a quick surgery. I'm not sqeamish about such things and sat and watched while he numbed it, opened up the toe, ground out the bone spur and sewed me back up. I wore a small boot for a few days - almost no pain. In fact it was a relief. Wearing that boot was a small price to pay for the relief of that pain. I, like you, had put up with it for a very long time. Wish I'd had the surger sooner. Go get it done Girl!

Thanks Linda. I'm going to schedule an appointment with a doctor. Yesterday I was in the mail and there was a chiropractor doing massages and trying to rake up business. I mentioned my foot, he pushed my toes together and I nearly hit the ceiling in so much pain. Anyway he said it sounded like Morton's neuroma. So, as usual I came home to do more online research. Could be one or the other so I'm going to schedule appointment with foot doctor. I do have a bunion on that foot but I won't have surgery for that.