Remedies for Rope Burn

Category Home Remedies
A friction abrasion can be very painful, and a challenge to heal quickly. This guide is about remedies for rope burns.

How do I repair my finger? I have taken many layers of skin off due to having a rope burn? My burn is all wrapped up.

Answers

Best Answer

Clean the area, apply antibiotic cream to it, then cover it loosely with gauze.

Best Answer

Put Bacitracin on it and change the bandage daily.

Best Answer

I find one of the best products to use is Aloe Vera gel on burns like this. I normally apply the gel and let it, sit on it for a bit. Afterwards, cover with a bandage. You can change this out of often and the gel is fantastic for healing your skin.

My Granddaughter was playing with a rope the other day and she put it around her neck and jumped off the porch when no one was looking. She now has a rope burn on her neck. We put a cold rag on it and later that night washed it in antibiotic soap and put an anticbiotic spray on it. Looks like it is ozing clear fluids and it also looks like it's starting to scab over. Is there anything else we can do?

Pam

Answers

By Nurse (Guest Post)

No, if it looks infected, you'll have to deal with that, but if it's regular scabbing and clear fluid it sounds as though it is regular healing. A light dressing (ie: gauze), if the ooze is copious, other than that leave it open to air, keep it clean, and monitor.

Good Luck!

By (Guest Post)

Treat as any abrasion-keep clean, cover with antibiotic ointment and bandage if needed, and make sure it won't get infected. And teach her to never ever put anything around her neck unless it belo9ngs there-like pearls!

By SNIGDIBBLY (Guest Post)

The child needs to be seen by a doctor if there is any hint of infection.

By darrellg (Guest Post)

she needs to be seen by a doctor & have her neck x-rayed,she may have injuries to her neck inside that you can't see. I did something similar when I was about 6 years old & for 44 years have had bad headaches. I have also been told that I have a hairline fracture in one of the vertabraes in my neck that has been there a long time that didn't heal properly.

Now I have arthiritis in my neck because of it. If my parents would of had mine x-rayed they might have been able to correct the damage.

By Becky (Guest Post)

I agree with the other poster that she may need to see a doctor and about teaching her to NEVER put anything like a rope around her neck again. My husband uses vitamin E oil to prevent scarring. You might try that, so she won't have any scars around her neck

By katelyn (Guest Post)

I need to know how to help ease the pain of a fresh rope burn on my hand, as I have school tomorrow and will be unable to write. So, if anybody knows of a quick way to ease the pain, I would love to know!

Editor's Note: Covering it with Vick's or Metholatum will sting a little at first but cover it so that the scab will stay soft and heal up nicely. It's an old trick from a Great Grandmother and it works. Make sure that the burn is clean before putting it on.

By helping hand (Guest Post)

I currently have a rope burn on my neck and over this day I have been applying aloe vera plant on my burn and I can already see a bit of healing properties working. REMEMBER that you need to keep it on there all day

By anonymous (Guest Post)

My little brother has rope burn and I need to know how I can treat him. I'm not sure where to find some antibiotic ointment and he says it hurts a lot.

Does anyone know quick a way to ease the pain of rope burn?

Editor's Note: I've used Metholatum or Vicks on rope burns. It will sting for a minute then covers it so it can heal and keeps the scabs soft so they don't crack. I was told this one years ago from my kids great grandma and it worked very well.

By Akiko (Guest Post)

i recently got rope burn behind my knees from a dog leach and its the fourth of july and i want pain relief so i can walk anyone have any suggestions?

By Deb (Guest Post)

I was riding a bike , after dark and ran into a rope the school had put across the track around the football field, I got a long rope burn on my neck and called First Nurse for a remedy for the burning pain and she suggested Desitin or any cream with zinc oxide. It gave me instant relief from the burning and in the morning it only stung slightly and is starting to scab over.

By Jessica (Guest Post)

I have rope burn on my hands from leading and holding my young donkey for 2 hours while being gelded, The nurse at my sons school put some vitamin E body oil on my hand and wrapped it and now it doesn't burn any more, but, it will also help with scarring and healing the tissue.

By 12yearoldperson (Guest Post)

I was holding on to a rope a and swinging on it over a pool repeatedly and the skin on my fingers is peeled and burned and i need to know how to get rid of it! I have school in 2 days and can't hold anything tight :(please help

By Symphony (Guest Post)

I'm 18 years old and recently found my leg being strung up in a rope on my boat out on the lake. Turns out it's a 3rd degree burn. It was very white and was painful at first, but not nearly as painful as it is now.

I've been to the doctor and the only thing that can really be done is to take antibiotics, keep it moist with neosporin (plus pain relief if necessary) and keep it covered. I may possibly be getting a skin graft, but just goes to show you how dangerous ropes can be!

The other day I was at a circus and I was on the trapeze. I slipped and I got a really bad rope burn on my upper thigh. It hurts when I stretch my skin, when water touches it, and when I touch it trying to put cream on it. I'm not sure how to get it to heal, but it's just getting worse and I need it better so I can continue training. Please help me.

I was helping get a horse for a float when it reared up and gave me bad rope burn on my hand. It is blistering, should I go to the hospital or see a doctor?

HoLLi from VIC

Answers

By Smoky C. (Guest Post)

Go to the health food store or pharmacy & get pure aloe vera gel. Apply to the burned area every 2 hours til nearly healed.

I'd definitely go to the doctor or the ER. When I owned a wolf, my forearm got caught up in her chain and I had a terrible burn that was excruciating. I went to my doctor and he cleaned it really well and gave me Silvadene to put on it. Helped a great deal. You need to be sure it is cleaned properly to prevent infection.

Linda in Missouri

By Linda (Guest Post)

This sounds like a rope burn-an abrasion. Keep it clean and dry, use an antibiotic ointment on it. Bandage it. If is gets oozy, red, pus comes from it or you get a fever or red streaks on your arm, see a doctor. If your last tetanus shot was more than 10 yrs ago, that would be a good idea. You can be treated in a dr. office, an ER is not necessary.

By Nicole (Guest Post)

Try homeopathic causticum, 6c.

Available at health food stores for about $5.

Works for all kinds of burns.

I just got a rope burn from my dog's leash this morning. I went home and ran the burn under cold water and put polysporin on it and dressed it with a band-aid. Is it safe to put an icepack on the burn after dressing it?

I slid my hand down a pole really fast. How do I stop the pain?

By Bob