Rope Burn on My Hand

I was helping get a horse for a float when it reared up and gave me bad rope burn on my hand. It is blistering, should I go to the hospital or see a doctor?

HoLLi from VIC

Go to the health food store or pharmacy & get pure aloe vera gel. Apply to the burned area every 2 hours til nearly healed.

I'd definitely go to the doctor or the ER. When I owned a wolf, my forearm got caught up in her chain and I had a terrible burn that was excruciating. I went to my doctor and he cleaned it really well and gave me Silvadene to put on it. Helped a great deal. You need to be sure it is cleaned properly to prevent infection.

Linda in Missouri

This sounds like a rope burn-an abrasion. Keep it clean and dry, use an antibiotic ointment on it. Bandage it. If is gets oozy, red, pus comes from it or you get a fever or red streaks on your arm, see a doctor. If your last tetanus shot was more than 10 yrs ago, that would be a good idea. You can be treated in a dr. office, an ER is not necessary.

Try homeopathic causticum, 6c.

Available at health food stores for about $5.

Works for all kinds of burns.

I got a rope burn on my four fingers from trying to grab my dog. I cleaned it with peroxide and put ointment on it then a bandaid. I feel a little burn but not much. I will try the aloe vera gel. I have some around here in my house.

Hey I just had that happen with me trying to get my horse I sold into a trailer I looked up some answers for rope Burns on this and I found vitamin E oil/cream helps with healing quickly I also used lavender oil on the burn and it stings for a second but afterwards it's gone and you can't feel anything s no pain. As far as healing I'm not sure how long it will take but I'm giving it a try.