Remedy for Ear Itching

I already had tympanoplasty surgery in my right ear, but it failed for some reason. Now in my right ear dry itching comes very often and to stop that I am using ear buds. I want to know what may be the reasons for this itchiness in my right ear and how can I stop that?

By John

Why don't you go back and ask your doctor? I had itching in my ears and my dr. said I probably had a fungus. Take a cotton swab dipped in hydrogen peroxide and gently swab your ear. Do this for several weeks and hopefully the itching will be gone.

I've heard there could be one of two causes, if not both (in my case, anyway). One: Allergies. Two: People with fibromyalgia (which I have) seem to suffer with ear itching a lot. As for remedies, I'm sorry to say I don't have any. I wish I did, though. My right ear, in particular, itches almost constantly.

When I got tested for my first hearing aids not too long ago I asked the technician about that. He recommended a squirt of vinegar in the ear, then flush with rubbing alcohol. The alcohol removes all water in the ear - which is good.

I've been adding a tiny dash of dish detergent to the vinegar to speed up the process.

Hi I'm 17 who also had hearing aids. Yes my ears do itch too. It is not cause of your ear buds, it could be the wax in the middle of your ear canal that made your ear itch. I recommend go to an ENT to get it out they use a special ear vac to suck the ear wax out. If still itch try to drop baby oil with a dropper in your ears let them in for overnight and flush then with the blue tube thing that they have in the ears wax drop box and flush the wax out in the morning.