AdviceHealth & Beauty

Remedy for Injured Finger Nail

I wore acrylics and hit my nail with a door and this resulted in a gap between my fingernail and nail bed and it looks rotten a bit. What can I do to bring back my nail to it normal state? Please help.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

How long have you been wearing acrylics? Acrylic nails often cause fungus issues in the nail bed and having this little accident may have surfaced the issue. If it looks "rotten" I would have it checked out and maybe try and get an antifungal medication.

You need to remove the fake nail immediately and see a doctor for proper medication.

I agree with the other poster. If it appears "rotten", its fungus. Time to see the doctor and stop wearing acrylics. Acrylics are well known for this happening in the medical field.

is there any natural remedy for that please

They do have over the counter treatment of acrylic nail fungus but if they do not work or it has been awhile, you should seek medical attention.

Well, it could be as simple as a bruise beneath the nail. If you've ever seen someone who's hit their finger or thumb with a hammer (accidentally of course, while pounding nails), you'll know what I mean. Sometimes the nail bed turns black, depending on the severity of the injury, but it does take time to heal (like any other bruise). In extreme cases, the nail falls out, but not to worry, a new one grows back. Might not hurt to remove the acrylic nail from that finger to encourage healing? Too, maybe look into or even try gel nails? I find them a bit sturdier and don't spend any more at the salon than I did when wearing acrylics.

You need to go to your salon as soon as possible to get the nail repaired. The longer you wait, the more chance you risk getting a fungal infection. Those are really hard and expensive to get rid of. After six weeks of acrylic nails, I had them removed to let my nails breathe and prevent a fungus for a few weeks before I have them put on again.

You need to have the nail removed right away. You might have a nail fungus starting that can be hard to cure.