MachinesRepair

Remington String Trimmer Has No Tension

I have a 22" Remington string trimmer. I went to try to start the trimmer, pulled back the control bar and suddenly no tension on it. Anybody know how to fix?

Thanks so much!

You probably have a broken spring. I would advise you to go to repairclinic.com. You put in your model number and issue and they advise you. www.repairclinic.com/.../String-Trimmer-Repair-Help

Spring is intact. Will follow advice per the link. Thanks!

I always recommend that you go right to the company when there are issues as they are the experts in their products, where other sites can be helpful, they sometimes make things worse....or I make things worse...but that is another kettle of fish!

Remington's website is very nice. They have manuals and such on and a phone number to contact them. It is at the bottom of the page: remingtonpowertools.com/.../#

Hope you can get it resolved. No fun having a broken garden item during the dog days of summer :(