Cleaning OutsideCars

Removing Auto Paint Oxidation

Will cleaning with vinegar remove oxidation from auto paint? Will it damage the paint on a car? Does peanut butter really work?

You are better off scraping off the rust, pruning and painting

So with car paint, I am a go to the dealer or a trusted body shop kind of gal. I have seen too many car fails with DIY paint projects. Best to go to the experts, pay a little more and get a good outcome. That is just me, but cars are too expensive to risk epic fails with home made remedies. Wishing you an easy fix!

Oxidation: is a dull coating-like on your paint that is caused by certain weather conditions and can be removed under certain conditions.
It is not rust and you may not need a new paint job if treated properly.

I do not know if I am reading your question incorrectly or if it is being misinterpreted by others?

I take your question to mean your car has oxidation problems and you wish to know if vinegar or peanut butter is safe or will work to remove the dull oxidation on your paint.

If I am understanding this correctly then I believe you should go to your local auto parts store (NAPA, Advance, Auto Zone, etc) and look over the products that are available and not take a chance on either vinegar or peanut butter.

If your car does not have a "clear coat" over your paint then I do not believe you can remove the oxidation.

Be sure to read directions on any of the products so you will know that you can actually follow through with the instructions before you pay for the item.
There are numerous products so take your time and try to find the one best suited to you and your car.

Here is a link that explains a little but be sure you follow product instructions carefully.

bigsplashcarwash.com/.../

www.cleantools.net/.../

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning OutsideDecember 17, 2018
🎃
🌻
🎂