AdviceCleaning

Removing Bird Poo Stain on Canvas Wall Art

Can anyone help? My lovely canvas wall art as been left with a poo stain thanks to my baby budgie. I was told to lightly rub it with a soft rag with warm water, but this has left a white smudge mark on a black background printed canvas. I'm very upset. Can any-one help me please?

Try a little soapy water.

Maybe the bird was just trying to be an artist fineartamerica.com/.../bird+poop

Seriously...take a finger nail file and try to CAREFULLY scrape (use the side not the pointy end) the poop off the canvas then use COLD water and just a drop of Tide or Dawn (the simple original kind not one of the fancy ones) and try to gently massage it out. If you can keep your hand or a white rag behind it so you can push (give a little pressure) that may help.

Try it in a very tiny spot before doing the whole thing to make sure it doesn't stain. Hot water will set the stain so use ice water.

Good luck! Perhaps you want to encourage your feathered friend's artist abilities--yes????

It's very easy. Just dab with plain water until its all gone.

You don't need any chemicals or detergents. They may leave a stain. Just plain water worked for me many times.

thanx,ill try dabbing with plain water,was unsure about other replys as i was told not to use detergents of any sort,so thank-you