Removing Blue Streaks in Bathtub

I have several blue streaks in my bathtub that suddenly appeared. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them and the cause?

I dont know what caused them. Try the Magic Eraser or Barkeepers Friend.

jo-Petersen,
I thought how odd that was too to see those blue streaks in your tub, so I googled it, and this might be your problem.

Low pH

Copied from article:
The blue color you see in the bottom of your tub or sink is the leftover remnants from the insides of those same plumbing and household fixtures, literally being eaten away, from the inside out.

wardwater.com/.../

Hard water, use CLR to clean

You might have success with Soft Scrub or make a paste with baking soda and blue dawn.

Everything has to left on a few minutes before scrubbing to remove.

This is embarrassing to admit, but when this happened in our house, someone who shall remain nameless (me), dropped a bottle of blue nail polish in the tub and it splattered a bit and someone who shall remain nameless (also me) tried to carefully remove it with a bit of nail polish remover. Sadly that left splotches on my tub which is some composite material. It has faded some, but still noticeable. Never will do that again!

If you decide it is nail polish, don't use remover, but use a fingernail or those plastic scrubby things to carefully scrape at it to remove. Hopefully you won't cause damage like I did. UGH!

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJuly 25, 2019
🐛
🎆
😎
🌻
👔
😷