Removing Cat Spray Odor from Carpet

A stray tom cat got into our house and marked it with cat spray. How do I rid my carpets of the odor?

By cork

I discovered this recipe for getting cat spray out of carpets, furniture and even hard surfaces. It really works for me. 1st mix 1 cup water to 1 cup white vinegar. Find the area of spray with the black light method, or your nose. Wet rag with vinegar water mixture and keep pushing mixture into smelly spot. Once saturated blot with a dry clean cloth. Next sprinkle baking soda over the area.

Next, get an empty spray bottle and mix 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide to 1/4 teaspoon dawn dishwashing soap. Spray over backing soda. Once the baking soda is dry vacuum off. Make sure it is dry. I hope this works for you as well as it has worked for me.