Cleaning OutsideCars

Removing Grain Dust Residue on Car

I work at a feed mill and almost every day I come out I have grain dust on my car. Now it seems like it is embedded into the glass and paint. When I wash my car either by hand or by machine it looks clean unless you look at it side ways then you can still see the film. Any suggestions on a car wash?

Make sure you rinse off the grain before you wash your car. Then wash and rinse again.

Talk to your dealer. They can tell you the safest methods that won't do more harm.

Do you mean by machine that you have run your car through a professional car wash and the film remains?
If that did not help it means you have waxed over the grain dust and just continue to repeat the process each time you wash your car.

If you cannot take it to your dealer, I would suggest you talk to someone at a local auto parts store (AutoZone, Advance Auto parts or an O'Reilly Auto Parts (best one) and see if they can suggest something to remove the excess wax (if that is the case) so you can start over.

Be sure you read everything so that you will not damage your car's finish.

If you are successful in removing the old wax, you should now pay for a professional wax job and that can be done at a large detail shop (Google for your area) or your dealer.

I would suggest you purchase a light weight car cover that can be easily placed on and off your car everyday as your are ruining the finish on your car by having to wash it so often.

Many people have to do this when they park under pine and oak trees.

i know it is beyond the scope of your question but if the dust is doing that to your car, I hate to think of what it's doing to your health. Small dust particles can create a terrible condition called silicosis which can lead to COPD and other health disasters

so saying, re the car, it's almost like at this stage it would require a good buffing job with a machine. Probably a car dealer would do this service