Removing Hard Water Stains From Tub

I have a plastic tub surround that is severely stained yellow from hard water. I have tried baking soda and vinegar as well as CLR, with no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Katrina from Cheshire, MA

Answers:

Removing Hard Water Stains From Tub

Put some vinegar on it and wait a few minutes or maybe even a few hours then scrub it. You won't believe the result. (09/26/2007)

By M from Iran

Removing Hard Water Stains From Tub

There is a product called Lime Away that may work. Then there is another thing that you can rub on the surface, and I don't remember what it is called. It is like a porous rock. When you use it disintegrates as you rub on the surface. I have used it on my toilet bowls to get off stains from hard water. It worked for me. (09/26/2007)

By suzin

Removing Hard Water Stains From Tub

Barkeepers friend scouring powder and a bit elbow grease always works and is cheap. (09/26/2007)

By Tami Reed

Removing Hard Water Stains From Tub

Thanks for the feedback. I tried the vinegar and lime away and neither worked. Is there some substitute for barkeepers friend? I have looked for it and can't find it. (10/04/2007)

By Katrina Skiffington

Top Comment

To avoid getting hard water stains and soap scum buildup on your tub and shower wall, don't leave it dirty and wet.

Take a couple of minutes and wipe the walls and tub down with a towel.

🎂
🌻
📓