FurnitureCleaning

Removing Mold from Couch

Category Furniture

I stored an upholstered couch sectional in my damp basement for a year. Then I brought it upstairs and put it in my den. Now I have grandchildren who like to play in the den. They play with the couch pillows. After I play with them in the den I feel nasal congestion the next day and itchy eyes. The couch is in good condition. Is there a treatment for the couch?

By Donna

Appears the couch cover and internal materials may have mold from the damp basement. A reupholster company may be able to help by replacing the cover and internal materials. However, the cost may be more than purchasing a new or used replacement.