Removing Nail Polish from Linoleum Flooring

What is the best way to remove old nail polish from linoleum flooring?

I would use acetone nail polish remover in an inconspicuous spot first.

Use non-acetone polish remover,this happened to me and it works,rub lightly with cotton balls,making sure you use a clean side each time so the polish spot does not get larger!

If the linoleum is from the 1980s or older I would not use nail polish remover on it. If it is newer, try it in a spot that no one will see before working on your stain.

My first pass would be to get any of the polish off the floor very careful with the edge of a razor blade (wear gloves and proceed very carefully so you don't cut yourself).

I would then lay a layer of salt, a layer of baking soda and enough vinegar to make it foam up and a few drops of Dawn dish soap. Let it sit for a few minutes and see if that pulls up the color.

If that does not work, I would do a home made Oxy treatment of a layer of baking soda and enough hydrogen peroxide to make a paste and then let that sit for a few minutes and wipe up.

My last resort would be mineral spirits. Put a very little on a cotton ball and dab it up (test this to make sure it doesn't remove the color).

Post back what works for you!

I'd try scraping off as much as possible then using NON-acetone in small circles with a soft cloth

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsSeptember 12, 2019
📓
🎂
🌻