Removing Old Contact Paper from Windows

We moved into an apt that has old sticky contact paper on all the windows on the front porch. I have tried several things to get it off and nothing has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've already smashed one window trying to scrape it off.

Plz help!

Best Answer

Try using a blow dryer to soften the glue so you can razor it off.

Best Answer

You could try wetting it with a spray bottle filled with diluted ammonia or straight white vinegar. Let it sit a bit to loosen the glue and then use a razor blade to scrape it off. This works well for a variety of stickers and sticker glue residue. Finish cleaning with rubbing alcohol to remove any remaining bits of glue.

I had the same issue at my last place and I did what Judy recommended with the heat and razor, then cleaned the rest off with cleaning solution and windex.

The best way to do this is with a hair dryer. Heat up the paper and start to remove it little by little.

Now use a can of coke and a sponge to clean off the rest of the sticky residue left behind. Coke works great with a sponge to clean up after the sticky contact paper.