Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

How do I get puppy urine smell out of carpet and the house?

By Penny from Puyallup, WA

Answers:

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

Skip all the homemade stuff and buy "Nature's Miracle." I have had dogs for years (I foster them) and have had to deal with odors. The homemade stuff works a little but the odor comes back. Don't waste your time. Get the Nature's Miracle. (Note: I do not work for them, I just tried it and it actually took out the odor.) (10/06/2010)

By Tigertame4

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

The very best thing I have found for any type of odor at all is "XO." It is a product that does not contain chemicals or harmful things to either humans or pets. It is used in hospitals and nursing homes, as well as by many pet owners. I could not find any locally however, so I ordered mine from www.qvc.com; it is in Don Aslett's products; he is the head of the largest janitorial service in the USA. You can sign up to get emails when his products appear, usually in problem solutions.

It's very concentrated, so a little lasts a very long time. You can get it from either there or his own site. Worth its weight in gold! (10/06/2010)

By MzScarlett

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

I don't know where I heard this, but try regular rubbing alcohol; maybe it will help.

Lots of luck to you! (10/06/2010)

By metroplex

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

White vinegar is amazing! I've never had a pet urine odor linger after pouring some white vinegar over the spot. I do this after steam cleaning the spot. (10/07/2010)

By duckie-do

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

Resolve or the generic is good for the spots, but white/clear vinegar about 1/2 cup in a 1/2 gallon of hot water, pour over site and suck up immediately with your carpet shampooer completely. Then in a rinse, I use 1 teaspoon Febreeze in 1/2 gallon hot water, in the shampooer. Go over spot until all rinse is done, then suck it up. You can't tell you have had a pet in the place. Make sure any time you shampoo carpets that you use floor fans until area is dry to avoid that stale smell that could mean mold. (10/10/2010)

By TandT Grandma