Removing Tile Adhesive From Concrete

We want to remove our tile flooring and expose the concrete. What is the best way (cheap) to get the black adhesive off the concrete?

N. Verue Hughes from DeRidder, LA

Answers:

Removing Tile Adhesive From Concrete

I have read that Krud Kutter's Adhesive Remover does a good job with this. You may still need to some scraping. I have found it at Walmart. I used it to remove carpet adhesive on wood flooring. DIY online message board users have recommended it for concrete. Hope this helps. (01/27/2007)

By Chris

Removing Tile Adhesive From Concrete

The scraping is the most important. A floor installer's helper told me to just scrape it off with
the tool designed to do this, like a flat hoe/tile remover, but I haven't the muscle anymore, nor is the adhesive that thick. Mine is just like black paint instead, and I will have to tackle it one day soon likely on my hands and knees. Let us know how whatever you use works, OK? (02/04/2007)

By Lynda

Removing Tile Adhesive From Concrete

The best way with ease is to use Multi strip or Ultra strip, it all depends how much money you want to spend. How fast you want it to work is the only cost difference. Look under, Back to Nature Products. Excellent product no fumes or burning harmful toxins. A. baby hand can touch it with no problem (11/01/2008)

By S Ramos