Removing Urine Odors in an Elementary School Bathroom

Category Bathroom
Elementary School bathrooms are known for having a certain scent. This guide has tips on removing urine odor in elementary school bathroom.

What removes urine odor from an elementary school bathroom? I am a custodian, and little boys seem to "miss" quite often. The products provided by the school aren't working very well. There always seems to be an underlying urine odor. I haven't been at this job very long, so any help would really be appreciated!

Barb from Kellogg, IA

Answers

By Kelly (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Dilute vinegar and spray on the area surrounding the urinals/toilets. Allow to dry. Vinegar neutralizes urine odors.

By Marlene (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I read online quite awhile ago - may have been on this site - that using Suave green apple shampoo works well. I have used it repeatedly in an elderly person's bathroom and have had good results. Just add it to your cleaning water. It removes the odor and freshens the air at the same time. And best of all, it is CHEAP!

Best Answer

OdoBan comes in a gallon jug and can be diluted to use in a spray bottle, or in a mop bucket. This is what is used in nursing homes to keep the odor to a minimum. You can purchase this at Amazon:

https://www.ama  2?tag=thrif06-20

Best Answer

I too work as a custodian for the school district, what I have used is pure lemon juice. Pour it around the base of the toilet and surrounding walls, let it set for 30 minutes, then clean bathroom as usual. Also, put the juice in a spray bottle, use it around and inside of the urinals as well.

Best Answer

Tap-a-drop Original works great:
https://www.ama  Y?tag=thrif06-20