Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring

We bought a home that had laminate hard wood flooring. The previous owner put Mop & Glo on them. They look good (kind of) when you first wax them, but the next day they look terrible. I have tried using ammonia with a bucket and scrub brush, but that leaves streaks. Should I rent a professional scrubber?

By Alice
from Brooksville, FL

Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring

This is the only website I could find that tells how to remove wax from laminate floors. One thing this article said is not to put too much water on the floor and that is VERY important or you will ruin the floor. (04/17/2009)

By Joy

Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring

I used a razor to scrape up as much as I could of the wax, and followed up with using the blow dryer and paper towel as described in other postings. Worked like a charm. (11/22/2009)

By Jackpot