Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring

How do I remove spilled wax from laminate wood flooring? I read the posts about removing wax from hard wood floors, but am not sure if the same would apply to laminate flooring.

Dale from London, UK

Answers:

Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring

Set your blow dryer temp to high and have some paper towels ready. Mop up the melted wax as the dryer melts the wax. Just keep going over and over till all the wax is gone. Good luck. (02/18/2008)

By beentheredonethat

Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring

No, I don't think it's even close to the same way you'd handle real wood. You'll have to be very careful as laminates are basically just a picture of wood on top of a pressed-board type of board. On the very top is a clear sealer. The depth of quality of this sealer is what gives the laminate its grade & years of guarantee.

If it were me, I'd start by taking a plastic credit card (like one used for a grocery store, don't use your real one) & use that to scrape off most of the wax. Next with a blow dryer in one hand & a paper towel in the other, slowly heat the wax up just a bit with the blow dryer, then blot the wax up w/the paper towel..do this slowly & carefully.

If that doesn't work, you can take a 40 watt light bulb & use it to heat the wax up & blot w/a paper towel. If for some reason you remove a bit of your floors finish, most laminate floor manufacturers make a product to fix this & also to fix scrapes. Some people will just melt a crayon the same color over real wood.

* If all else fails, contact your laminate manufacturer. (02/18/2008)

By Cyinda