Using Wax on New Laminate Floors

My husband and I just put in brand new laminate flooring (it looks like wood, and is grey colored). My mom came to visit and tried to help by waxing our floor and "surprising" us. She used a lot of wax. The stuff she bought was meant for wood flooring. By the time we got home the wax had been on our floor for hours. I know you're never supposed to put wax on laminate.

My question is: Will waxing the floor only once do damage? Or is it okay to leave it and just never do it again. It seems like the problem is when the wax builds up, so I'm hoping this didn't do too much damage.

By Irene H.

As long as it looks ok, I would not worry about it and just not put it back on again. I do know of a lady who waxes her laminate all the time. It looks ok, but to me it is very slick and if liquid was spilled on it, I think it would be a fall hazard.

I would contact the manufacturer of the floor or the store you bought it from to get a product that will remove the wax.