Removing a Blistex Stain on Clothing

The waxy, greasy stain left by melted Blistex can be removed, if treated prior to washing and drying the clothing, with a number of cleaning products. This is a guide about removing a Blistex stain on clothing.

Does anyone happen to know how I can get a stain from blistex out of clothes? My husband left one in his pocket and I now have little cirlces on a lot of his good work shirts and can't get them out.

Cheryl in Connecticut

Answers

Best Answer

Put some Dawn dishwashing liquid on the stains. Squirt it on, rub it in, let it soak for a little while then wash as usual.

Best Answer

If you haven't already, do not dry the items in sunlight or a dryer until you are satisfied that the stains are gone. The heat will help set the stains. If already been through the dryer, try to remove stains anyway. You can repeat the removal process several times first & hang to dry in between if needed so items don't get mildew.

My husband (as unquestionably perfect as he is) dripped melted Blistex lip ointment onto one of his new polo knit pull-over shirts prior to me washing the shirt (100% cotton). I was told to try glycerin (which I had). I'm a pharmacist so we have every and any OTC remedy in our home. It did not work. Unbeknownst to me, my husband attempted to use "Shout" gel on the stain and wash it in warm water (unbeknownst meaning I didn't know he knew what "Shout" gel was nor how to change the settings on the washing machine). But I digress, the stain is still visible and I'm willing to try one more idea to attempt to rid the shirt of the stain (before it gets put into his "bum around the house shirts" drawer). Any suggestions? Has anyone had success in removing Blistex lip ointment (melted)? It is extremely greasy. Thank you ahead of time.

Answers

Best Answer

Goo Gone or WD-40 works as a prewash.