Renew Your Driver's License Online

During this pandemic has your driver's license expired or is it expiring soon? I was dreading the moment when the DMV reopens because I have to renew my driver's license in person (as the last 2 renewals were by mail).

For the state of California, the DMV is giving an extension:

- Licenses for drivers 70 and older that expire in June or July are extended 120 days.
- Expiring licenses for drivers 69 and younger are now valid through July.
Extensions will be provided to eligible drivers automatically.

Another piece of great news is even if you were supposed to renew your driver's license in person, you are now able to do so online. I am very relieved, however, there was a small 2.1% fee for paying via debit or credit card, but I believe the e-check option has no fee.

If you need to do anything relating to the DMV, definitely check your state's announcements for further notices because each state will vary.

Source: Personal Experience / State of California

Link: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/newsrel/2020/2020_23

I ordered the title to my vehicle via the mail to Wichita Falls, Texas (for Texas) I got it back in no time.

Glad you were able to order your title via mail! That is amazing the service is fast.

The small fee would be worth it so you don't have to stand in line or be around all those other people and maybe exposing yourself to the virus. When our DMV reopened the line was around the building and that is in a shopping center!

Yes, definitely! I believe it was only .78 cents processing fee.

That is totally worth it. I didnt have to stand in line, wait or spend gas/time to drive there and back. Im very thankful. :)

It is good to know that we could do it like that but we all are supposed to be getting the true ID. And that requires going in person with all your paperwork. My license doesn't Aspire for a couple years so if you don't have your true ID and your license doesn't expire yet please don't do this because you got to get your true ID that's a law that was put into effect in like 2005.

It looks like the Real ID has been postponed until late 2021 due to COVID-19. So we still have a little time.

www.dhs.gov/.../acting-secretary-chad-wolf-statement...

True ID is not a requirement but is for

These purposes are:

Accessing Federal facilities
Boarding federally regulated commercial aircraft
Entering nuclear power plants

realid.dmv.ca.gov/.../

I dont plan on traveling or using any of those facilities. My drivers license will expire in 5 more years so I could always change it then or if something comes up, I can make an appointment. :) But for now, this will do!

But real ID Enforced is delayed as Jess mentioned.

CoronavirusMay 30, 2020
🎆
😷
🌻
🐛
😎
👔

Coronavirus