Repairing Shoe Insoles

Category Repairing
Sometimes you want to extend the life of of a favorite pair of shoes. This guide is about repairing shoe insoles.

I just got out of a boot for a broken heel bone. My heel was still sore. The doctor said, to buy really thick insoles for my shoes. Upon shopping and buying several I could not find anything that worked. Then one day I got a pair of flip flops to go to the pool with my grandson. They were great. The heel did not hurt. Then winter came and I could not wear flip flops. So one day I slipped the cutoff bottom of the last pair of flip flops into my house shoes. Heaven.

I bought a new pair of sandals and after I wore them once the insole has started to peel. They are open sandals with a strap between the toes. I really like them, but I can't keep stepping in the sticky mess each time I put them on. Any suggestions on what to do?

Christie from TX

Answers

Best Answer

Try Shoe Goo - flexible and used by skateboarders to repair their shoes! You can find it at Ace Hardware.

Best Answer

Buy stick-on insoles and trim them to fit the inside of the shoe to where it can't be seen when you have your foot in the shoe. Avon has some that don't need to be trimmed. Good luck and God bless you!

Insoles - how do I keep them from slipping around in my shoes? A long time ago I tried using velcro and it worked for 1 pair of shoes, but not the other (I don't recall the details). Is there a sure fire method for application so there is no slippage and it's not a 'guess, test and revise' game? These insoles are not permanent, they need to be switched out to various pairs of shoes.

Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers

Have you tried double-sided tape ?

Double sided tape loses it's stickiness quickly and shifts. Unless you know of a type that holds up well.

You might try some of that stuff you can get at Walmart, etc. that is in the cabinet shelf liner area. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be for - probably lining shelves, lol. I've used it under my computer keyboard to keep it from slipping, so you might be able to cut some to the size and shape of your insoles and see if that helps. You might even be able to use it INSTEAD of your insoles.

I glued a paper insole in my shoe and it wasn't straight so I tried to removed it and now I can not seem to get the glue off! Any answers would be great. Thanks.

Answers

I don't know much about glue, but in the future use "sticky dots," a sticky, rubbery craft product that will allow you to reposition the insole.

I would try using a blow dryer on it. The hot air might soften the glue so you can reposition the insole. Best wishes.