Repairing a Ceramic Bunny?

My ceramic bunny has had his ear chopped off! Seriously, does anyone out there have any solutions to repairing ceramic items? Is there such a thing a a ceramic glue?

By JoycieK

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 519 Posts

You can easily glue the piece back on the figurine using ordinary household cement. (Don't use white glue for this).

Yes! Clean breaks can be repaired. The tip about not using white glue is spot on. A glue that dries clear is key. My daughter has a wizard statue, with sentimental value, which her cat knocked off the dresser and broke. I glued the pieces back together.

To prevent a future mishap I decided to fill the hollow wizard after repair with plaster of paris. It is now quite heavy and not likely to be tipped over and broke again. Good luck with your repair. Before (Broken) and After (Repaired ) photos attached.

Here's the "after" repair photo.

My husband's collectible Harley figurine broke in 4 pieces. I used super glue and managed to lightly prop something against or under each piece after as I glued it back on.

Takes some problem solving, but I'm sure you can find a solution for the prop such as piling little things to the right height.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 179 Feedbacks

Super Glue is always a good idea. But Super Glue GEL works better. It is not runny and will stay where you want it to be and will fill in any little spaces. You can prop your project while it dries with crumpled aluminum foil.

Home and Garden Repair OtherMarch 30, 2012
🌻
🐛
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Ceramic-Bunny.html