Repairing a Hollow Core Door

Is there any way I can repair a baseball-sized hole in a hollow-core interior door? We damaged it while moving a bed frame and are renting, so we need alternatives for taking care of it.

By Sherri Lile from MO

Answers:

Repairing a Hollow Core Door

The time and material you'll need to repair that door will add up to more than the door is worth. Just buy a new one. The only repair that's reasonable for a door like that is to cut it down to a desired size. (08/06/2010)

By Chuck

Repairing a Hollow Core Door

Try using the foam insulation in the applicator bottles, the kind you apply around windows to seal them. I used it to seal a hole in my porch post a wood pecker pecked through. You may need to take a saw and cut a rectangular hole into it, then I would take a piece of wood that fits the spot and epoxy glue it into place, then take the foam insulation and work around and level as best you can. Let dry. Then sand down and paint. Good luck. (08/07/2010)

By susan

Repairing a Hollow Core Door

We did that. Put a dresser leg through the door. I bought a cheap full length mirror and mounted it on the door, covering the hole, with those little mirror mounts, leave it there when you move out, the new tenants will appreciate the "gift". (08/08/2010)

By Dena Roberts

🌻
📓
😎
🐛