Repairing an Air Mattress

I have a fairly cheap air mattress. The one I have has a leaking valve, the large plastic outlet valve. The valve cover turns and instead of locking, keeps turning and the air escapes from this loose fitting. Any ideas on how to repair it such that the outlet valve will still function? Thanks for your help.

Geschusa

By hilde gesch from RI

Answers:

Repairing an Air Mattress

Hi, I had the same problem. I blew the mattress up so I could 'feel' where the air was escaping and used Power Grip I think it was called. It wasn't caulk per se, but in the same kind of container. It was a liquid nail. Had to do it twice but finally got it where it doesn't leak anymore. My granddaughters use it quite often with no problems. Good Luck.
(07/17/2009)

By Dottie