Repairing an Air Mattress

Get Gorilla Glue, you can find it anywhere. Get a piece of fabric like a T-shirt. Cut it into small squares. Deflate the air mattress in this process and know where your pinhole is! Put Gorilla Glue on the felt and then on the fabric.

Push it on to the hole. Then get a hair dryer, keep a little far away on warm for 2 minutes. Let it dry 3 to 4 hours. Fill your bed up and it's done.

Hope I helped someone, good luck!

24 Questions

I have an Ozark Trail air mattress that will not hold air. Is there someplace I can take to have it checked out? I live in Wisconsin, the closest city would be Marshfield, Wisconsin. I could also go to Rapids or Eau Claire.

The mattress is a queen size with a frame.

By Karen

Answers

Best Answer

Air up the mattress find and mark any holes you find with blk marker then repair the hole yourself with pool patches. They worked beautiful for me and came in sheets so I could cut the size I needed.

Best Answer

We have had Ozark Trail air matresses before and they used to come with a patch kit. If ours started leaking, my husband would take it outside and put it section by section into a large plastic storage tote of water with a little dish soap in it (it needs to be at least partially blown up for this). Squeeze each section while it's being held underwater. If you see bubbles coming from it anywhere, there's your leak. Just patch it with the patch kit. If you don't have a patch kit, you can buy a bicycle tire patch kit. Of course you shouldn't dip the area where the batteries insert if it has batteries. Some of the self-inflating matresses have batteries in a small compartment in the mattress. If you don't want to bother with that, maybe you are friends with a tire changer at the tire sales businesses such as Big O Tires, A1 Tires, or Les Schwab Tires, etc. They could do the same thing but it would cost a lot more.

Pat T in Ocala

Answer this Question

My air mattress is leaking air, but I can't find a hole anywhere! I think it may be the built-in pump. I can hear a hard piece sliding around inside my air bed, and thinking maybe the pump broke off inside? My mattress will fill up and hold air, but it leaks rapidly. I have to add air every hour to keep from sinking to the floor by morning.

Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it? Please advise!

By Nicole

Answers

I have the very same issue. My airbed is fine when I go to sleep. But it deflates and I end up like a hotdog in a bun, with the mattress around me and I'm on the floor.

Anonymous

I have the same issue but I have an airfox mattress. When I plug my mattress the pump won't inflate the bed....

What do I use for a hole in an air mattress?

By BV from OK

Answers

Best Answer

Use a patch and cement for bicycle tubes. they are designed to hold under high air pressure. Make sure to press the patch on well - the cement is usually a kind of contact cement, so follow the instructions carefully. And make sure the patch doesn't contact the other side of the air mattress.

Answer this Question

I have an Aerobed with a hole in the seam. I do have the repair kit, but this will not stick to the "material" side. The leak is not on the bottom that has vinyl

By Diane from St. Joseph, MO

Answers

Best Answer

Use LoctiteEpoxy. It works wonders. I found it in the glue section at Walmart, CVS and Target. Simply use the path that came with the air mattress or cut a portion from an old useless air mattress. Apply the Epoxy to the patch and place over the hole. You will be amazed. I've tried Gorilla glue, Super Glue you name it, and nothing has worked better than Epoxy. It's the Loctite epoxy instant mix

Answer this Question

My Intex Premaire airbed won't deflate. It has a built-in electric pump, but when it is on 'Deflate' it blows out air for 30 seconds then stops. Is there any way I can fix it or take the pump out to look at it?

So I have an Intex air mattress with a built in air pump and I was deflating it. Then I left to go take care of some things around the house.

When I came back, my mattress was deflated, but my pump was off and when I tried to reinflate it, it won't turn on. What do I do?

Answers

Best Answer

You can check the wiring on the pump to make sure there isn't a short or something. Try to move the plug to another outlet and see if this one helps. The pump might have a fuse in it that has burned up and needs to be replaced. If you can take it apart you can see if there is anything burned or a fuse that needs to be replaced. If you can not find anything the next step is to replace the pump.

Answer this Question

We have an air mattress with a leak somewhere. Where do we get repair kits? I have already used the one that was included when we purchased it.

By Judy

Answers

Best Answer

Try using a bike tire patch. You can get those for around $2-5 at almost any bike shop locally.

Answer this Question

Our 2 year old Intex pump works for few seconds and shuts off. Is it replaceable?

I have a bump in the air bed where a seam has parted, is there a way of fixing the bump without putting a hole in it? The air bed does not leak.

Answers

That can be a sign that it will start to unravel if it's not handled delicately. You can prevent it from bursting by using a vinyl repair kit. You can find one in the camping section of a sports retail store.

How do I fix a pump up bed that has bowed in the middle due to heat from sun?

I have an Intex inflatable mattress and the motor just blew out. How do I repair this?

I have an Intex air mattress with built in pump. And that is the problem. Air leaks around the round air valve. There is no apparent way to take it apart.

This has been sitting in my closet for two years so it is out of warranty. Anybody know how to repair it?

Answer this Question

Where can I buy a Coghlan's air mattress plug? Every place I have located, says they are not available.

I have an Embark queen size mattress and there's a tiny hole at the top of it. How do I repair it?

I've tried tape and that didn't work so now I need a new solution. Can anyone help me?

This page is about finding leaks in an air mattress. It can be challenge to determine where the holes are, when an air mattress deflates itself.

Woman pumping up air mattress in the woods

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about finding replacement caps for your air mattress. An air mattress without its valve cap is not very useful.

red air mattress

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

I am using an air mattress for a bed until they can solve a medical issue. I will blow the air mattress up each evening, and in the morning it is softer. I assumed it was a leak. Is this normal that the mattress will lose a little air each day? Any help would be appreciated.

I have an Aero mattress and had a hole in it. I had a bicycle patch on it and it seemed to work, but now my mattress seems to have a slow leak. I tried the soapy water in my spray bottle, but didn't see any bubbles. I can still see the slit under the plastic patch.

I have an air mattress with a hole and am trying to use vinyl cement to fix, well patch the hole. The cement I have is not in it's package so I had to use the this other glue, but it doesn't work.

Load More
Home and Garden Repair OtherMay 7, 2012
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-an-Air-Mattress-2.html