Having an Air Mattress Repaired

I have an Ozark Trail air mattress that will not hold air. Is there someplace I can take to have it checked out? I live in Wisconsin, the closest city would be Marshfield, Wisconsin. I could also go to Rapids or Eau Claire.

The mattress is a queen size with a frame.

By Karen

Best Answer

Air up the mattress find and mark any holes you find with blk marker then repair the hole yourself with pool patches. They worked beautiful for me and came in sheets so I could cut the size I needed.

Best Answer

We have had Ozark Trail air matresses before and they used to come with a patch kit. If ours started leaking, my husband would take it outside and put it section by section into a large plastic storage tote of water with a little dish soap in it (it needs to be at least partially blown up for this). Squeeze each section while it's being held underwater. If you see bubbles coming from it anywhere, there's your leak. Just patch it with the patch kit.

If you don't have a patch kit, you can buy a bicycle tire patch kit. Of course you shouldn't dip the area where the batteries insert if it has batteries. Some of the self-inflating matresses have batteries in a small compartment in the mattress. If you don't want to bother with that, maybe you are friends with a tire changer at the tire sales businesses such as Big O Tires, A1 Tires, or Les Schwab Tires, etc. They could do the same thing but it would cost a lot more.

Pat T in Ocala

To find the hole(s)squirt a little dish soap into the mattress fill with air. Wet the mattress, look for bubbles.