Repairing a Built-in Fast Fill Electric Pump (Intex)

My air mattress is leaking air, but I can't find a hole anywhere! I think it may be the built-in pump. I can hear a hard piece sliding around inside my air bed, and thinking maybe the pump broke off inside? My mattress will fill up and hold air, but it leaks rapidly. I have to add air every hour to keep from sinking to the floor by morning.

Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it? Please advise!

By Nicole

I have the very same issue. My airbed is fine when I go to sleep. But it deflates and I end up like a hotdog in a bun, with the mattress around me and I'm on the floor.

Anonymous

No one seems to reply to how to remove the built in air pump in intex mattresses. Its common to have a leak around the face plate. Other mattress pumps can be removed by turning the round inflator knob counter clockwise to the stop, and then muscling it further. They have reverse threads that allow the pump assembly to be removed. The intex unit doesnt seem to have that feature, or if it does , its a secret that repair people dont want to reveal.

My other mattress had an o ring that required silicone grease to seal it. Im afraid this unit has another method required to remove the pump body. So far, the pump works well on a piece of crap mattress that leaks constantly around the immovable pump assembly. Stupid design.

It seems that the valve that stops the air, is not sealing properly, the reason is because it accumulates hair, dust, or any particle that is is obstructing that seal properly, the problem there is no way to clean, there is no way to open and fix it as it is closed Tightly.

Anonymous

I have the same issue but I have an airfox mattress. When I plug my mattress the pump won't inflate the bed....

Im having this same exact issue there is no hole but the bed is deflated in 5-6 hours I have looked everywhere and can't find a manual how to repair it even YouTube is useless

Use soap water spray around the pump that is where I just found my problem, now I'm trying to figure out how to fix it

Sealing the whole airpump with ductape after inflate, could be a solution.

That did not work. I tried that

My bed deflates overnight after a few hours it is to soft to use i checked for leaks and it seams to be the pump is there a fix for this

same issue i usaly can fix things but this has sealed screw holes

Try spraying suspect leak areas with water diluted washing up liquid. The leaking areas with start bubbling then seal it with hot wax is best for instant results

They are just push-in pins that you see on the pump. get a small pick tool and pry them out. there are no screws

Same here,what's the answer,pump,not air bag

hi im having the same issue did you figure it out ?

I have a man trying to fix mine at this moment! Trying to get hex key to take plate off as may be the rubber gasket. If no luck were going to try something we got from easy life which is uk based which is thick gloop and worked brilliantly on a soil pipe joint.

Too expensive just to throw out as unfixable. Its hardly been used.

I had the same issue and was able to solve it. To confirm the leaking I sprayed soapy water around the pump casing (as my mattress didn't have any puncture) after it was completely full and then I turned the pump's inlet-outlet knob counterclockwise to release the air and noticed the bubbles around the casing. Now, to open the pump's casing, I had in my model 4 rounds circles (one in each corners) and those are pins. Use a flat screw driver carefully around the casing to remove it (there is nothing you can break by removing this but you don't want to mess it up anyways). The problem of the leaking is from inside the mattress, when you turn the knob counterclockwise it pushes a spring pin to release the air, otherwise it will use the same air pressure to inflate. So, because the problem is inside the air mattress I decided not to touch that part but to put sealant around the casing,pins, and the switch (you can remove the switch too the same way you do for the casing. I waited 1 hour and tested and it is leak free. Just run more soapy water to find any leaking and put sealant (i.e. silicone) as needed. Hope this help.