Replacing the Thread Tension Assembly on My Old Kenmore 158?

I bought a new, complete, thread tension assembly for my Kenmore 158.850 but it does not seem to fit properly. The pin that sticks out, once installed, does not reach the little lever inside, that moves when the foot is lifted or lowered. I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

I have found videos to take the assembly apart, but not a video of a complete assembly being installed.
Feeling very frustrated!

Here is a great tutorial, with pictures mysewingmachineobsession.blogspot.../.../kenmore-158-tension-assembly_11.html...

This could be an issue with the installation of the unit and not getting it lined up correctly. There are many parts to this and different things to line up to get it to work correctly again. A person who owns this machine took one apart and has posted the images and what each of the parts does and how it works on her blog. You should go there to read this. You more than likely just need to get it lined up right before you put in the screw under the assembly. mysewingmachineobsession.blogspot.../.../kenmore-158-tension-assembly_11.html

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesOctober 13, 2019
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Replacing-the-Thread-Tension-Assembly-on-My-Old-Kenmore-158.html