ReusingGreen Living

Reuse Paper Towels and Napkins

In our household, if you opt to use paper towels/napkins to dry your hands after washing then the paper towel/napkin should be used for at least another 2 times.

Here's how it works:

1. Wash your hands and your hands are clean just wet, so you need a paper napkin to dry off.

2. Once you finish drying off your hands, soak the napkin in water and squeeze excess water out.

3. Allow paper napkin to dry on the counter and the following day, you'll have the napkin(s) to use.

4. We usually repeat once again then the third time use to wipe down the tables, clean any messes/spills or accumulate for cleaning the restrooms mirrors, vanity and such. This process will only work if the paper towels/napkins are the durable kind. If they are the flimsy ones like the ones you receive from fast food restaurants, those won't work.

When I wash my hair, before I blow dry it, I towel dry but then, I use be a paper dtowel and blot my still wet hair. Drys much faster. I also save the paper towel and reuse over and over.

Yes, the paper towel is clean! No need to toss it out.

This seems like a lot of work.

I get 8/1.00 handi wipes at the dollar tree. No tree has to die and I can get at least 2-4 weeks out of just one.

If you want to keep one dry for your hands, hang it over the oven handle and tie a pretty ribbon around it to keep it from falling off.

Aren't your hands going to get wet again on step 2?

Personally I rarely use paper towels now. We use a hand towel to dry hands and cloth napkins for use while eating. They only need to be washed occasionally, plus it is environmentally friendly, and easier on the budget.