LaundryCleaning

Review of Dryer Balls

I read about some blue dryer balls that look like they have some spiky things on them. I would like to know who has used them. I saw these balls at Staples and in a mail order catalog that comes to my house. The information with the balls says that by adding these to laundry in the dryer that the drying time is less with them. Can you please tell me about your experience with these dryer balls?

By Maribel from Denver, IL

Instead of wasting money on dryer balls, I use regular tennis balls! They are great for fluffing up towels, quilts, comforters, etc. I've even used ones from the dollar store. They last forever!

Don't waste your money. I bought some of these dryer balls and after some time all the spikes broke off. I bought 3 tennis balls and use them every time I use my dryer. Works great!

I also use tennis balls, in the dryer, however, when I purchased them and opened the container the chemical smell almost knocked me over, So I put 2 tennis balls and a 1/2 fabric softener sheet into a baggie and zipped it closed for 24 hours and the smell was completely gone.

I have 2 of the blue spikey balls and I use tennis balls as well. I've not had any problems with the quality of the blue balls.

They seem to do as advertised, but so do the tennis balls. So which ever is least expensive for you would serve the purpose.

I use them in the washer and the dryer. It helps get the tough dirt out by extra agitation. I paid $2.00 for them at a yard sale and it was well worth it.
They also sell them at JYSK which is a poor man's IKEA store.