KitchenOrganizing

Rice Filled Glass DIY Knife Stand

Yesterday I was doing some intricate chopping for dinner and had a couple different knives out. I was in a bit of a rush and knocked one off the counter and near my foot. Close call! In order to avoid these types of accidents from happening, and at the same time not having to be anchored to your big knife block set, fill a glass or cup with dry uncooked rice and stand your knives in there at your workstation. You will be organized and safe.

Good idea, but it looks like it could easily be knocked over. I would use one of my beer mugs that has an extra wide bottom.

Wide would be better! These knives of mine were long like samurai swords so I went with something a bit higher.

I HAVE A SMALL GLASS CANISTER I FOUND FOR JUST $1 FILLED WITH RAW POPCORN FOR MY 3 KNIVES I USE CONSTANTLY