Rights and Responsibilities of a Power of Attorney

My parents live on my brother's property and I take care of them. I do live with them since they are at risk for falls, along with other medical issues. I currently have a POA for them. My brother keeps threatening to have me removed from his property due to lies from his grandchildren. How do I protect my parents and myself?

I would consult a lawyer. The Legal Aid Society has free lawyers for those who cannot pay.

Having a POA will probably give you no legal rights concerning your brother's property.
There are different kinds of POA's but any POA will only give you certain right's and these will only deal with what belongs to your parents and their health issues (maybe money, bank accounts, property, automobiles, where they live, nursing home issues, health issues, doctors, etc).

Since they are living on your brother's property, it appears you would have to move them to another place if your brother requires you to move out. This would not change the POA powers but it could mean that you would have to make some other kind of arrangements to be able to fulfill taking care of them.

Many people have a POA and do not live with the person(s).

I would assume then your brother plans to have someone else look after your/his parents but that would be up to him as long as he could show they are living in a safe environment.

As you can easily see, there are too many legal variables for someone on a site like this to offer any real advice.
You should check out everything possible before things go any further so check out family services or Legal Aid Society with your zip and make an appointment so everyone will know what can and cannot be done.

Please do not wait until there is a serious confrontation as I know this is terribly upsetting to everyone involved and especially for your parents.

Business and Legal Legal General AdviceJune 23, 2019
🎂
🌻
📓