Nuts and SeedsRecipes

Roasted Pecans

Vote for this contest contender!

It's pecan season again and lots of people will be roasting pecans to munch on and use in recipes. It's easy to roast pecans but you have to be careful to not overcook them or burn them which I have done in the past.

I keep pecans in the freezer so when I want to roast some, I pour out what I need and let them sit until thawed and room temperature.

I was planning to make a congealed salad that called for pecans. Before I started roasting the pecans, I did a visual check to make sure I had all the ingredients needed. The pecans were cooling and I proceeded to make the Jell-O. When I took the Jell-O out of the cabinet, I discovered it was Lemon Jell-O Instant Pudding & Pie Filling.

I'm going to have to start wearing my glasses when grocery shopping. So instead of making the salad, as planned, we had pudding for dessert with some roasted pecans on the side. It was delicious.

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
  2. Spread pecans on a baking pan in a single layer.
  3. Set your timer. Bake 15 minutes. During the baking process, stir after 8 minutes and keep an eye on them. Remove from the oven. Set aside to cool.
  4. Ad

5. Store in an airtight container. Hide them. They will last much longer. As the old saying goes and it's so true, "Out of sight, out of mind". If I don't hide them, they magically evaporate.

I still wanted to make that salad and my husband was going to town so I sent him by the grocery store with a list with Lemon Jell-O included so what does he get? 3 boxes of lemon Jello instant pudding mix. I can fix that. My family is coming for Thanksgiving and we are going to have Lemon Jell-O pudding while they are here!!