Rocking Paper Bird
This one is a cute craft you can teach your kids to make to release the boredom from being stuck at home. Find colorful papers and make these cute little birds for your young ones.
- colored art papers
- round patterns: big (9cm) and small (4cm)
- Cut out two big circles using the bigger pattern and at least one circle from the smaller pattern.
- Fold the two circles together leaving a little space in the bottom.
- Cut the short flap in strips. See photo.
- Pull the two circles apart and flip the strips of one circle to the other side. Then curl the strips of both circles with scissors. See photo. Set them aside.
- Draw some eyes in a white paper, cut them out. Also cut 2 small triangles of orange paper for the beak, and 2 small oval shapes for the feet.
- Assemble the head.
- Take a 3 inch rectangular piece of paper and cut strips half way through it.
- Now, let's assemble the whole thing. Take the head and glue it on the edge of the circle.
- Then glue the rectangle paper for the tail on the opposite edge.
- Cover with the other circle.
- Attach the feet on the bottom of each side of the circle. Then open the bottom of the circles.
- Put it on the table and pull the tail back down with your finger, then release! The bird will move like a rocking chair.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.