I wanted to add an embellishment to a nightgown I made so I made these little rosettes from the leftover fabric.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- small beads
- Cut a strip of fabric and estimate the width of the fabric according to the size of the finished rose. My strip was about 1 1/2 inches and made a small rose bud.
- At one end of the strip, fold in the top on both sides to form a point. Fold in half. Start rolling and twisting to form a bud. Cut off excess fabric.
- Using a needle that has already been threaded and knotted, sew the end in place and go around making small stitches to hold the layers of the rose bud together.
- At the bottom of the bud, insert the needle through the top, thread a small bead through the needle and sew in place, threading the needle through the bead two or three times. Insert the needle back through the bottom of the bud. Pull tight and knot.
- I made three of these and then sewed them to the top of the nightgown.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.