InspirationalBetter Living

Royal Relief Center for Camp Counselors

Photo Description
RFK is a Christian based camp for foster children, governed by the NY Department of Human Services and volunteers who devote 5 days of their time to minister to the precious children, the Big Campers (counselors) are responsible for 2 children for 23 hours for the 5 days. Due to the sensitivity of the nature of these children, each counselor and staff member are required mandatory training to handle these children and for the protection of the camp.

Each night the big campers get a relief for approximately 1 1/2 hour. The big campers are relieved by staff members that stay in cabins with the children. The big campers enjoy their own snacks and beverages and unwind from the day's rewarding events. My husband and I assume the role of grandparents at the camp and we treat everyone as royalty. Our travel trailer is set up for the relief center and these young adults love the atmosphere. This camp is a huge blessing to the children; swimming, horseback riding, pinewood derby, tea party, games, sports activities, a birthday party for all children, good nutritious food, snacks, and 5 days filled with memories for a lifetime for a foster child.

Photo Location
Moscow, Tennessee, Country Place Campground

I made an error in my post....it stated NY Department of Human Services, I meant to type Tennessee Dept. of Human Services. Thank you.

Reply Like this photo? Yes