AdviceOrganizing

Safely Store Hearing Aid in a Jewelry Box

Hearing aids have gotten smaller (and more expensive, ranging in the price up to several thousand dollars). The soft cases they come in are no protection for those costly little computers.

After losing my hearing aid one time and in the panic of trying to find it (finally did, thank God), I found an old jewelry container that has been perfect to keep and carry it in. The container has a hinged lid and is hard sided which protects the hearing aid.

It's a very safe and easy way to protect such an expensive investment!

I keep my two hearing aids in a little treasure box along with some silica packs to help draw out the moisture the aids pick up from my body.

My audiologist said most homeowners insurance policies will cover full replacement cost of a lost aid for what I would call a nominal annual cost compared to purchasing a new aid.

I lost one of mine while shopping and the audiologist was sent a check for a new aid before my next replacement appointment. This was after reporting the loss to my agent and a brief phone interview.

The lost aid was returned to me when a cashier recognized me as someone who inquired after the loss. A small child had found the aid under a clothing rack. I repaid the cost of the new aid in monthly payments to the insurance company.

That's good to know about my insurance possibly replacing it if lost. I did lose it one time, but thankfully we found it. I told my husband that from now on, that hearing aid would either be its container or in my ear! Great info also, about absorbing moisture. Thanks!