Safety of Kerosene Heaters?

I live in a older mobile home. My boyfriend's boss gave him a kerosene heater. It warms up the place nicely. My question is are they safe? We just use it in evening. At bed time we have hot blankets.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 523 Posts

If the heater has been properly maintained and is operated only in the presence of responsible adults, it should be safe to use. But then, it all depends on what you think is safe. I would be more worried about what breathing the fumes and carbon monoxide would be doing to my lungs and brain, than I would about the trailer burning down.

I think these heaters are good to have for emergency use such as power outages in Winter, provided they are used with lots of ventilation. Other than that, I think they should be outlawed. If it's not a money issue, I would say don't use it.

If/when you clean your walls in the Spring, you will see what I mean about the fumes.

www.iii.org/.../kerosene-heater-safety

Here is a good article about kerosene heater safety. You can learn to use this heater safely, or at least lower the chance of anything bad happening.

Home and Garden Home Improvement HeatingOctober 10, 2016
🍂
🎃
Generated 2022-10-23 06:57:25 in 786 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Safety-of-Kerosene-Heaters.html