Saving Cucumber Seeds

Category Seeds
You can save money on garden seeds by collecting them from this year's crop for use next year. This is a guide about saving cucumber seeds.

Let the cucumber remain on the vine until yellow. Cut it and scrape out the seeds. Put the seeds into a small container of water for a few days.
Any seeds that float up to the top are no good and should be discarded. The ones that remain on the bottom are good. Pour out the water and save the good seeds. Rinse them and put on a paper plate to dry. When dry, label them with the date and put in a resealable plastic bag. Store in a cool place until you will need them. I put mine in the refrigerator.

Good information, Thanks!!!

Smart lady you are, Judy

I grow Poinsett 76 cucumbers and I always save seed. I save a little money by doing this, but there's more. Suppose I couldn't find those seed next year. Suppose I wanted to start them indoors early and the stores don't have them in as early as I wanted them.

Judy, your parents would be proud of you!

Now check your messages. I have one for you.

I find that by saving seeds from great plants I keep getting great plants. I get more pleasure out of growing plants from seed than buying already started plants. I guess I'm just a do-it-yourselfer!