Saving Money on Bathtub Toys

You don't have to spend a lot of money on tub toys. This is a guide about saving money on bathtub toys.

Fill ice cube trays with water and add a drop of food colouring into each space in the tray. Freeze them and let kids play with them in the tub.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

I have found that bathtub toys for my young children are expensive and don't last very long. So, what I've been doing is saving the plastic coffee containers (new ones from Folgers) in the small and large sizes. My girls love to pour with them, add a little soap to 'make an experiment', put the lid on and shake!

I haven't done this yet, but poking ice pick size holes in the lids would make a fun way to pour the water out. I also save plastic yogurt containers for the same thing. They also make great scoops for water to rinse their heads! This is a 'free' way to make bathtub toys that last a long time, a great way to recycle and you certainly get your money's worth out of coffee!

By Lisa